Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Create Your Own: From Four Inch Heels to Flats

Everyone knows how much I love shoes, so I was extra excited when a friend of mine called me and told me about Milk and Honey Shoes. Milk and Honey Shoes is a website where you can create your own shoes.  How exciting! Not only is it exciting, it is very addictive when you see just how many options the site has available for you to chose from. Milk and honey is the brain child of two sisters, not unlike myself, who have an obsession with shoes.

 I think that this is a great site not only for people who simply love shoes, but it’s a great site for those who hae an interest in shoe design, in my opinion. The site is great place to play with color combitations and shoe styles.  Another person who should visit and use this site is the woman who can never find the shoes she wants in traditional retail stores. This site allows you to pick your width and heel height, in additon to style and color. If you have wide feet or very narrow feet, its not always easy to find shoes that come in width options. How frustrating is it to find a shoe you like and it not fit because your foot is wider or more narrow than the average woman? Well, if this sounds like a problem you have, Milk and Honey Shoes is the site for you.

While I think this is over all a very good site, there are a few, minor details that I think could be changed to make the site even better. One problem I have with the site is that the heel size doesn’t change as you create your shoe. As you go through the process of buidling your shoe, the features you chose pop up on the shoe prototype. The heel size is one feature that doesn’t change however. I think to get a better idea of exactly what you shoe will look like, I think it would be helpful to see the actual heel height differences. Heel heights range from 2.5 inches to 4.5 inches, depending on your design. During my initial introduction to this site, It bothered me that some options that I might want to see were not available. After reviewing the site more,  I found that if you want something that is not on the site, they will try and make it for you. I have played around on the site and created shoes but I haven’t actually purchased any yet. I am excited to hopefully buy a pair soon. How cool would it be to say I designed the shoes Im wearing? As someone who one day wants to design her own shoes, I think this is great. See the pictures included to see some of my shoe creating from the site.

If you have never heard of Milk and Honey Shoes, check out the site and let me know what you think. Send me pictures of your creations!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my site and check back for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...