Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm Officially Obsessed With...

Louboutin. Anyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with shoes; they have some type of cryptic power over me. I can’t say no to a cute pair; I see them and then automatically in my head I see where I’m wearing them and how incredible they are going to look on my feet..I’m going to look so good in them! Ok, sorry I had a moment, back to my specific obsession. Even those who know nothing about designer shoes, knows Christian Louboutin. The signature red bottom sole has become almost a brand of its own. Anyone who loves shoes dreams of the day they can afford to own at least one real pair of Lou-Bous. Everything Louboutin does is big; starting with the look book he uses to introduce his new collection each season.
It is always exciting to see how fun and well thought out the look book always is. His use of fantasy and dream like environments as a backdrop to his shoes create artistic imagery unlike anything I’ve ever seen done by a shoe designer. The artistry of the look book creates the excitement for the new season’s collection. The look book is so amazing, it is often possible to get so caught up in the world of the look book itself, you forget, the shoe is the star of the photographs. The spring/summer look book does not disappoint. With bold, bright coloring, even the look book is right on trend for what the upcoming seasons will be all about; bright, fluorescent color. The look book is just the beginning of my obsession for Louboutin. His shoes are always extra tall and extra fun. With what looks like no less than four inches in addition to the inset platform built into each shoe, his shoes are a work of art. We can always count on Louboutin to never play it safe and to always give us shoes that you won’t see anywhere else. Check out the spring/summer look book and then check out my favorites from the actual collection. Enjoy!



Louboutin teamed up with photographer Khuong Nguyen for this look book. This is not the first time they have collaborated on one of Louboutin's look books and I doubt it will be the last.



Christian-Louboutin-Spring-2011-1
this collection has not even officially been introduced to the world yet and already I have seen this one worn in a spread in a fashion magazine. I have a feeling, this will be a standout from this collection, well done Louboutin!

What better way to make a statement than with an electric blue suede bootie. The possiblities for how you can work this shoe into your wardrobe are endless.

4 comments:

  1. I am with you COMPLETELY on your shoe obsession! Here's my latest pair that I am crying over. And when I say crying, I mean weeping with joy/envy.
    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod117350124&parentId=cat13030734&masterId=cat000141&index=22&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat13030734

    Only $1,195, which is basically free. Oh wait, no. I can dream, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this. The pictures of the lookbook that you posted are amazing. I am also "officially" obsessed Louboutin :-)I love reading all your posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a complete obsession with Louboutin as well. His shoes are simply amazing and I also can not wait until the day I can afford a pair! I love the pictures from the look book, they really showcase the eccentric styles of Louboutins! Beautiful shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love those photos i totally agree with sara and jenna his shoes are a amazing. Louboutins shoes should be in every womens closet he has perfect classic shoes and then fun trendy shoes. Ugh. Just love the look book photos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...